Level of Difficulty: Medium
Follow this blog on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_the_sweet_world/
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 2.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of strong coffee (used 2 tsp of coffee)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla together, and then add the sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients in two portions. After the first portion add half of the coffee, and then, add the remainder of the dry ingredients followed by the rest of the coffee.
- Pour the batter into two pans evenly
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 20 min.
- 10 fl oz (300 ml) of whipping cream
- 14 oz (400 g) of mascarpone
- 3 Tbsp of confectioners sugar
- 3-5 tsp of mint or spearmint extract
Mix the whipping cream and mascarpone until they form a smooth mixture.
Add the confectioners sugar and mix just until the ingredients combine.
Add the extract and mix it shortly. You don’t want the filing to become too thick.
*It is best if the whipping cream and mascarpone are slightly chilled
Spread the filling on one layer of the cooled cake.
Cover it with the other cake and spread the other half of the filling on the top.
Sprinkle some chocolate shavings on top for decoration 🙂
My mom asked me to make something for a party she was having with her friends. I wanted to make something new, something they haven’t tried before. I love the mix of chocolate and mint, so I decided to combine my favorite chocolate cake with a mint frosting. I loved it! They loved it! Everyone loved it!
The filling is light and refreshing. The mint mixes great with the slight bitterness of a chocolate cake. It is the perfect mix. This is definitely a cake I will be redoing!
Other chocolaty recipes:
Chocolate Chip Loaf: https://thesweetworldsite.wordpress.com/2019/01/28/chocolate-chip-loaf/
Chocolate Covered Oranges: https://thesweetworldsite.wordpress.com/2017/12/28/chocolate-covered-oranges/
Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes: https://thesweetworldsite.wordpress.com/2019/02/14/chocolate-raspberry-cupcakes/