Level of Difficulty: Medium
Follow this blog on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/_the_sweet_world/
- 1.5 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 2.5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of strong coffee (used 2 tsp of coffee)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Mix sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla together, and then add the sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients in two portions. After the first portion add half of the coffee, and then, add the remainder of the dry ingredients followed by the rest of the coffee.
- Pour into a cupcake pan.
- Bake at 350 F (180 C) for about 15 min.
*Makes 25 cupcakes
- 12 oz (345 g) of fresh raspberries
- 5 Tbsp of sugar
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 oz (80 g) of butter
- 1 Tbsp of corn or potato starch
- Cook the raspberries and sugar until the fruit becomes soft and begins to fall apart.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the eggs, juice, and butter. Mix everything together and cook it.
- When it starts to thicken add the starch (mixed in with some cold water enough to dissolve), and mix it.
- Set it aside to cool.
*You can keep this filling in the fridge for up to two weeks
Once the the cupcakes and filing cools, cut out a hole in the middle of the cupcake and fill with the raspberries.
When I came up with the idea to make cupcakes like these for Valentine’s Day, I was not sure what to expect. I couldn’t find a recipe that really fit what I was looking for, so I decided to combine two recipes to make this one. It turned out amazing!
The cupcakes have a rich flavor. You can taste the coffee in them. They are soft and moist, which is exactly what I was looking for. If you are not a fan of coffee, I recommend making the coffee just less strong.
The filling is ideal. It is slightly sour which goes great with the sweetness of the dough. It has a strong raspberry flavor and a gorgeous deep pink color. It also beautifully decorates the cupcakes without using frosting, making this treat a bit more healthy.
These cupcakes have become my favorite recipes that I have made thus far. I really hope you try them out, and if you do, I’m looking forward to hearing back on how you liked them!
Happy Valentines Day and Enjoy!
Other chocolaty recipes:
Chocolate Chip Loaf: https://thesweetworldsite.wordpress.com/2019/01/28/chocolate-chip-loaf/
Chocolate Covered Oranges: https://thesweetworldsite.wordpress.com/2017/12/28/chocolate-covered-oranges/